Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meet Our Great New Principal, Carolyn Bona

Dear Parents,

I am thrilled to be back at Midas Creek Elementary as the new principal.  My name is Carolyn Bona.  I served as the assistant principal here with Kevin Pullan for the 2008-2009 school year.  I loved my year here and I am so excited to return.

I am married with two adult children, Nicole and Andrew.  My husband teaches Spanish at Copper Mountain Middle School.  I have taught elementary for 22 years and I have been in administration for 7 years.  As a family, we spent 5 years in Saudi Arabia teaching at a private school for an oil company. We had a great adventure there and traveled quite a bit in the Middle East and Europe. 

I have been the principal at Copper Canyon Elementary in West Jordan for the past 4 years.  We implemented the Leader in Me program there as well, so I was happy to see that Midas Creek has embraced the 7 + 1 Habits, too.  I want to continue teaching leadership and adding leadership opportunities for the students here at Midas Creek.  I know the 7+1 Habits have impacted my life, and I know they can impact our students’ lives and help them have a productive, happy life.

If I could ask for one favor from the parents in our school, it would be to fully support reading during your children’s years here at Midas Creek.  Read every evening with and to your children.  Visit the public library often and make literacy a focus with your family.  This one thing will do so much to ensure the success of your kids.

I welcome any parent to come into my office to meet me.  I love having parents in the building volunteering and supporting the school.  We have a Facebook page, so feel free to “like” us at Midas Creek Elementary so you can start getting reminders and see our celebrations of the great things happening here.

Thank you for all you do to be partners in your children’s education. Together, we can help them accomplish their dreams.

Sincerely,
Carolyn Bona, Principal
Midas Creek Elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment